The supplies that are used to create mixed media art elements for Restoration Art are either donated or purchased using funds from donations. Since ALL of our elements are donated to survivors and their supporting organizations, we rely fully on your contributions!
Depending on which elements we are requested to to provide to the organizations that we support , our supply list will likely change on occasion. When it does, we’ll be sure to update you by listing new supply items here that you can either donate by shopping yourself or you can donate financially and we’ll do the shopping for you!
Visit Amazon HERE and search for our wish list labeled “Restoration Art”! Ordering through this site ensures that all items ordered will come to use directly!
Items we currently need:
- Canson Watercolor Paper Pad, 30-sheets, 9-inch x 12-inch, X-Large (We only use Canson paper because of its thickness and quality!
- Rubber Stamp Images ( exclude wood mounted stamps). Various designs which have a vintage / mixed media appearance
- Rubber Stamps with quotes – please contact us to discuss what we are able to accept.
- Dylusions Paints & Sprays – Please contact us to find out what colors we need or visit our Amazon Wish List for colors we’ve requested
- Brads & Buttons – We prefer earth tones and vintage types
- Fibers, Cording and Twine – Vintage look is best. We are able to dye if it is a light brown or cream color
- Adhesive – We only use two-way tear tape as it is the best adhesive we have found. This can be purchased on Amazon or at Craft Stores but must be two-way tape
- Spellbinder & Tim Holtz Dies – These are used for our main images. We are also able to use a variety of other dies as long as they fit in to our vintage / mixed media look and feel
- NOTE:: Dies are one of the items which we are able to accept if they are used. Please make sure that if you donate used dies that they are in good shape so that we can get a lot of use out of them!
- Cigar Boxes – Wooden boxes only, no boxes that have a “slide top” on them. Lids should lift all the way up and be held on by brackets. No painted boxes, only those that show original wood color
- Tulle – white, cream and various other vintage colors
- Gems and Rhinestones – We prefer that these be the ones with adhesive already on the bottom of them
- Vintage bobbles – can be older vintage looking jewelry that we can take apart and use. Please see our pictures for ideas about we we currently use
- Seam Binding – white or cream color that we can dye to match our projects
- Mod Podge – Matte is preferred
- Mixed Media Canvas – We use all sizes of canvases for our mixed media art. Preference is for canvases that are primed with Gesso. If not primed, no worries, we can prime them!
- Liquitex paints / acrylic paints – All colors are welcomed as we do many canvases that use a variety of colors
- Gesso – Matte Gesso is preferred
- Foam paint brushes – we can also use regular paint brushes
- Matte Surface Sealant
Thank you for helping and for your donations!